The information provided in this section will help you prepare your digital or hand-produced artwork for submission to us for printing. Following these guidelines will help expedite the production process. Art charges may apply if artwork does not meet the guidelines. If you have any questions, we would be happy to review your artwork and provide guidance. Please contact our office at 808-845-3262 during normal business hours or submit questions through our contact form.
Email art files under 10mb and order information to email@example.com. You can either attach the art file or send a downloadable link to the art. Larger art files may be sent by ftp. Please call 808-845-3262 for ftp username and password. Once art is submitted, please be sure to contact the art department to confirm receipt of your email or ftp. Please allow 1 to 2 business days for us to review art files and respond to emails.
Artwork can be submitted on any of the following media types:
- USB Flash Drive or Memory Stick
FILE TYPES ACCEPTED
Digital artwork is accepted from the following programs (submit in native format).
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- PDF (Hi-Res)
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ARTWORK
- All submissions must be accompanied by a to-size hard copy (print-out) or electronic proof (png, jpg, pdf file) showing the finished artwork.
- Artwork should be sized to final trim dimensions.
- Artwork should include any linked and embedded graphics and images.
- Print-ready artwork should be clean and sharp. Low resolution images do not reproduce well. Any images used in artwork should be at least 300 DPI resolution. Use vector graphics for clean linework and edges.
- Bleeds: If your artwork bleeds off edges, please extend your art approximately 1/8″ to 1/4″ outside the edges. (Trim)
- Colors: Colors should be CMYK or grayscale. However, Pantone spot colors can be specified based on printing process selected.
- All black type, text, rules (lines) and strokes should be 100% black (C=0 ,M=0, Y=0, K=100).
- Artwork to be printed on our digital press should be prepared as CMYK four-process colors or grayscale.
- Photoshop – Files should be saved as CMYK or grayscale and as a bitmap .tif or .psd.
- Fonts: Convert all fonts to outlines/paths.
ADVANCED ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS
The information provided in this section provides more advanced artwork specifications to help with artwork submission. Please feel free to contact us to discuss any of the specifications listed below. In most cases, it is best to call before creating your artwork.
Please use printed Pantone spot (pms) and process color guides. These color guides are industry standards used by most commercial printers. Most professional design programs allow you to select specific Pantone CMYK color numbers and spot (pms) colors. By doing so, you can refer to the printed Pantone guides to see a close estimation of the final printed colors. This is often more accurate than what is shown on computer monitors or printed from desktop printers.
DIE CUTS, KNIFE CUTS, PERFORATIONS, FOLDS, RADIUS CORNERS
Please include guides for any die cuts, knife cuts, perforation, folds or radius corners.
SIZE AND RESOLUTION OF ARTWORK AND INCLUDED ELEMENTS
Artwork should be provided to us at the actual size of the finished product. If submitting a Photoshop file, resolution must be 300 dpi. Any photos, or any other raster elements in your artwork should be clean, sharp and at 300 dpi resolution at the size used in your layout. Do not resample lower resolution elements to meet this resolution. Please note that photos, logos, or graphics copied and pasted from websites generally do not print well. Though they appear clear on computer monitors, they do not have sufficient resolution for quality printing. In addition, these graphics are in RGB, not CMYK color.
VARNISH, EMBOSS, HOT-FOIL STAMP
If your artwork will use spot varnish, emboss or hot-foil stamp, please indicate the affected areas on your artwork. Additional vector shapes may be required.